Spring is now upon us and I thought you might like to know about a tutorial for a beautiful spring-inspired felt flower crown over at Molly and Mama.
A little hint is below…
Spring is well and truly here and I’ve been so inspired by our lovely blossoms and gardens this season. I decided to have a play around with my gorgeous stash of 100% wool felt and here’s what I came up with!
This gorgeous collection of felt flowers was so easy to make. And then I just attached them to a pretty ribbon to make them into a precious flower crown.
YOU WILL NEED
- 100% wool felt in varying shades. The flowers use a combination of white, lemon, apricot, pastel pink, baby blue and pale green felt pieces. The largest piece you’ll need is a white 10cm (4”) square for the magnolia.
- co-ordinating embroidery floss or thread (six stranded embroidery cotton).
- sparkly metallic quilting thread.
- fine, small scissors for cutting the felt shapes.
- embroidery needle and fine eyed needle for stitching beads.
- needle and thread.
- embellishments like crochet flowers, beads, sparkly rhinestone buttons, resin cabochons or other pretty pieces.
- hot glue gun.
- heat sealer or lighter.
- length of co-ordinating ribbon. I used cream grosgrain ribbon.
- template print out.
For the directions – read more at Molly and Mama