I have been inspired of late to MAKE the gifts that we give people. I’ve been inspired, in part, by a relative’s blog (OK so she’s married to a distant cousin so she’s not a “blood relative” but … maybe she’s just so cool that I want to claim her as one!). Anyway, Kerryn makes a lot of stuff for friends and family members. I’ve also, in part, been inspired by lots of exciting stuff I’ve been finding through various web crawlings. I will admit though that I’m finding it easier to come up with ideas for the children and the women in the family rather than the men… but we’ll see…
Disclaimer – we have a birthday to give for in late July and I don’t think I’ll get to make something for him as it’s not enough time for me to fit it in … Sorry Dave!
So in the coming months, I will want to make a gift for:
- 2 year old girl in July
1 year old boy in August
- 6 year old girl in September
- 20-something (ahem!) year old sister in September
- 30-something (aheam again!) year old sister in September
- Dad-in-law in October (yeah sorry Dad, yours might be a bought one – not inspired just yet!)
- Son #1 in November
- Mum in December
- 30-something (ahem again!) year old sister in December
- 3 year old girl in January.
We “Kris Kringle” the gifts so don’t need to make gifts for EVERYONE – Praise God – There’s 19 of us now – just on my husband’s side so I don’t know how I’m manage that!
- Same 20-something (ahem!) year old sister as above
- Same 6 year old girls as above
- 2.5 year old girl
- Same 1 year old as above
I am inspired and know EXACTLY what I’m doing for some but not for others. So this is going to be my register of gifts as I make them – however I won’t be able to publish the posts about each gift until the gifts are given … sorry!
And this is just the family…
I hope I haven’t forgotten anyone!